As a Floridian, the most important thing for us to maintain great skin health. It’s also one of the hardest things to do when trying to juggle the hustle and bustle of the excitement of summer.
Even while you’re enjoying your summer by toting the kids around to parties and summer camps, making lunch plans with friends, and planning fun-filled barbecue family get-togethers, it’s always important to keep skin care in mind. And let’s face it, that can be difficult…Unless you create a daily routine. Keep essentials next to your sink to help remind you of your routine to make sure you have healthy, glowing skin all summer long.
- The absolute most important skin care technique a Floridian can keep in mind is to wear sunblock at all times. You can almost never escape the sun’s rays in Florida, so start the day with a great sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher and be sure that it has UVA and UVB protection.
- Keeping hydrated is imperative to endure Florida’s heat. Avoid risks like heat stroke and dry skin by having a bottle of water with you at all times. Starting the day by drinking a full glass of water will help remind you that drinking water throughout the day is an important part of your summer routine.
- If you wear makeup, try to keep it as lightweight as possible. Avoid clogging pores with foundations and blushes and remember that heat makes you sweat. You wouldn’t want to risk making your makeup soggy by letting it all melt off with your sweat. When it comes to wearing makeup in the Florida summer heat, less is definitely more. Keep only the essentials next to your sink for getting yourself ready in the mornings.
- Always keep your skin clean. Start the day with a light cleanser. Getting used to this in your daily routine will remind you when the day is over to cleanse your skin again before you go to bed. It’s important to remember to wash the day’s fun off of your skin. Keeping harmful things such as salty ocean water, chlorine, salt, and makeup on your skin makes it easy for your skin to be irritated, dry, and cracked. Don’t forget to wash these things off frequently to keep skin glowing.
- Exfoliating your skin is also important to minimize ingrown hairs after shaving or waxing, as it also helps your skin better absorb moisturizers. Keep a light exfoliator by your sink for your face and one in your shower for the rest of your body.
- The last great tip to care for your skin in Florida’s summer heat is to come in to get a facial. Facials help to rejuvenate and revitalize skin and correct any imperfections the inevitable heat may cause.
Living in a state that feels like it’s so close to the sun for most of the year, it is imperative to keep up with skin care. By creating these few daily habits, it will be easy to care for your skin all summer long.