There are many things women may complain about their hair or wish they could change. Taking advantage of professional advice and styling from a luxury brandon day spa is one way to improve your hair and overall look but there are do-it-yourself and at home treatments that work great between salon visits or if your skip an appointment.
Have you ever thought:
- I wish my hair wasn’t so dull?
- I wish my new lighter color stood out as much as when I first had it done?
- How do I get my oily scalp under control?
- How do I treat hairspray or hair product build-up?
Well, luckily, we know of a trick that works wonders and provides a solution for all of the above: SEA SALT! It is actually one of the ingredients in many clarifying or detoxing shampoos and adding it to your own can provide similar desirable results.
Sea salt helps to dissolve dirt and other build up (like hairspray) better than soap alone, encouraging more of it to be washed away. Coarse sea salt is ideal for the recipe, but is not a must, because the coarser salt serves as an exfoliator for your scalp!
How To Do It
- Pick up some coarse sea salt at your local grocery store. That’s it! You can add 3 parts salt to 2 parts of the shampoo you are already using.
- For additional benefits, you could also add the following:
- For deep conditioning and to soften your hair, add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- A few drops of Tee Tree essential oil will help with any dryness or mild dandruff. Tee Tree oil is also known for treating/preventing headlice, so this hair scrub can be great for kids when a breakout hits their school or daycare.
- Studies show lavender essential oil is beneficial for hair growth, increased thickness, and strengthens roots.
- A few drops of rosemary essential oil can also help with scalp itchiness and dandruff as well as brighten dull hair, remove excess oil, and helps prevent split ends.
- A touch of juniper berry essential oils can help those with an oily scalp or helps strengthen brittle hair.
8There are many more essential oils and natural additives that can be added to your hair treatment and it is all up to you and what your hair needs.
- Mix your ingredients and shampoo your hair as normal.
- Rinse thoroughly and enjoy your results!
- Repeat once or twice a month when your hair really needs the extra attention.