Eyebrows and eyelashes are essential part of facial beauty. Nothing adds sparkle to your appearance like long lashes and the ideal brows. Eyebrow and lashes can thin out or just stop growing unlike the hair on our head. In some cases, eyelashes and eyebrows become thinner with age or from specific health conditions such as fungal infections and nutrient deficiencies.
There are a number of remedies for thinning lashes and brows. This can be remedied either a natural way or with a brow filling or lash extension procedure. Thee procedures are commonly offered at spas.
There are several natural remedies for thinning brow/lashes that have shown to be quite effective. These natural ways to thicken lashes and brows is painless and easy to do. Those with particular allergies should take care prior to attempting treatment.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil works amazingly to help grow back lashes and brows. Generally, castor oil promotes hair growth. Made from the seeds of the Ricinus Communis plant, it contains anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacteria properties. Castor oil is not rich only because of its moisturizing effects, but it also contains minerals and fatty acids that help nourish brows and lashes and increases circulation which is essential for promoting hair growth.
We recommend that you wash your eye area to clean off any makeup and gently brush your brows and lashes in order to remove all dead skin cells. Do this with a clean mascara brush. During your bedtime routine, use a clean cotton swab or clean mascara brush, apply the castor oil lightly from the roots to the ends and allow it to sit all night. Repeat this procedure daily.
Generally, a well-balanced diet is essential for maintaining optimal physical health. Eating good foods high is particular vitamins can help with the growth of brows and lashes. Healthy food intake, exercising, and drinking of plenty of water all contribute to a good level of health that ensures not just our brows/lashes, but our skin, nails, hair, and overall wellbeing.
Vitamins for eyebrow and lash growth include:
- Biotin (vitamin B-/vitamin H)
- Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
- Antioxidants (vitamin C and E)
- Vitamin D
If you find it hard to get all of the vitamins you need, then a take a daily dose of a multi-vitamin to help you get the nutrients you miss.
- Dry Brushing – Dry brushing the brow and lashes every night helps remove dead cells and circulates the natural oil of your hair – which help to keep them strong. You can brush them with a lash comb or a clean mascara brush. This is less time consuming and the most affordable remedy for a thinning brow and lashes.
AT THE SPA
There are a few ways to fill out your thinning eyebrows or thinning lashes while at your local hair or full-service spa.
- Eyebrow Microblading – Microblading is a semi-permanent make-up solution to thin brows. An specialist uses a microblading tool to manually fill in your brows, making them appear to be fuller and well-shaped.
- Eyebrow Tint – Tinting your eyebrows may be a solution for some. This method temporarily dyes your brows a darker color, making them appear to be fuller.
- Eyelash Extensions – Lash extensions are used to improve the length and fullness of a person’s lash and are a great solution for someone with thinning lashes.
- Eyelash Tinting – Like eyebrow tinting, eyelash tinting uses a natural and safe dye to darker the appearance of your lashes.