When you think beauty, you probably look to your favorite magazine for tips; however, chances are that those articles are generated by merchants who paid writers for convincing advertising. Your best bet is to look to the pros for advice. Some of the best professional beauty advice is outlined below.
- Know your skin type. Your skin shows outward beauty and health. Pay attention to how your skin tends to behave naturally. Without applying any products to your skin, look to see if there’s flakiness in any areas. Flaking skin proves dryness. This means you will need an intense moisturizing product with ingredients that help lock in natural oils. On the other hand, if you notice any greasy residue on your skin, you likely have skin that produces too much oil. You will need a moisturizing product that helps absorb extra oils from the skin but will also help the skin from drying out.
- Eat healthy. Keep your skin glowing with a healthful diet of various fruits and veggies each day. Stay away from mucus-forming dairy and other animal products as much as possible. Get your daily proteins from beans and lean meats. Fight signs of aging by consuming berries.
- Stay hydrated. Hydration from drinking water and eating fruits helps to combat acne and dryness. Lemon water or water infused with fruits can be a tasty and refreshing alternative to plain water and also provides vitamins for health.
- Be mindful of sun exposure. Apply sun block each day to avoid the damaging effects of the sun’s rays on skin fibers. An SPF of 30+ is best with a broad-spectrum protection from UVA and UVB.
- Consult a cosmetologist for beauty products. Be sure to mention your skin type to your cosmetologist so that they can recommend a product that is suitable for your skin. Also tell them what you hope to accomplish with your skin so that they can provide the best advice possible.
- Smile more often! A happy smile is key to looking beautiful. If this is an issue for you, try doing what you can to create a more beautiful smile, whether that’s getting braces to align your teeth, having your teeth whitened, or even putting on Chapstick to show soft lips, anything you do to help yourself smile more often will impact your outer beauty tremendously.
- Stay well rested. Nothing shows sad skin like a lack of sleep. Think of under-eye bags and dullness. Avoid these by getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Get moving! Sweating is actually healthy for your skin. It allows your skin to release toxins and waste kept on the inside. Don’t forget to use a cleanser daily to remove any pollutants like sweat that may cause pores. Also, use an exfoliator twice a week to avoid breakouts and dull skin.