Who says men can’t get a Mani-Pedi? Are Manicure not for men?
Let’s get this straight. Getting a Manicure is not a girly thing to do. It is good to make yourself a priority sometimes and men have the right to do this too. There is nothing wrong about men taking care of themselves and pampering their bodies with some love.
Let’s face it, it’s everyone’s responsibility to take care of their health and hygiene. Grooming is something which includes taking care of your bodies and staying neat, clean, and healthy. How are you going to look well-groomed if your nails are growing awkwardly and your hands are all dirty and blistered?
Let us look at some easy steps which any guy can follow and add up to their weekly or at least monthly grooming routine in order to take care of their hands and feet.
What is a manicure for men like?
A manicure is a cosmetic treatment which is given to the fingernails and hands. The typical procedure includes clipping or filing of the nails and soaking, rinsing, and scrubbing of the hands to get rid of dirt and dead skin. Male manicures are manicures done on men and the procedure is typically very simple as opposed to a female manicure where additional effort is done to enhance the appearance of the nails (like applying nail polish and nail art). Male manicures simply focus on keeping the nails and hand clean and tidy.
Although it is a simple procedure, it can be nice to have someone else take care of the grooming efforts for you, especially if it has been a while since you cared for your hands yourself.
What you can expect from a manicure at a spa:
- Your hands are soaked in a lukewarm bowl of water for about 5-10 minutes. This softens your nails and skin in preparation for the manicure treatment.
- The hands and nails are patted dry and a nail brush is used to scrub your nails to remove any dirt from over, under, and around your nails.
- A tool, called a cuticle remover, will be used to remove the tiny dead skin band that grows at the base of your nail.
- Next, the nail aesthetician will use a nail clipper to trim your nails keeping the length short and the shape square to avoid ingrown nails.
- Your nails are finished up with a nail filer, smoothing out the rough edges of your nails.
- A final step includes applying a hand lotion or moisturizer on your hands to hydrate and moisturize your skin.
You are probably already doing half of these things like washing your hands and clipping your nails, but it is nice to deeply clean and tidy up your fingernails and hands by performing a manicure once in a while.