The World Health Organization (WHO) recently named the Coronavirus (COVID-19) a global pandemic on March 11, 2020. A global pandemic is when a new virus develops that people do not have a natural or built up immunity against, leading to many getting sick and a massive spread of the virus across the world. Social distancing and self-quarantined were recommended by WHO and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Due to our industry trade, we have been paying close attention to the Coronavirus and the recommendations provided by WHO, CDC, and local governments.
We would like to reassure our guests we are doing everything possible to minimize exposure to clients. Routinely, our staff is cleaning and sanitizing the following surfaces:
- Front Desk
- Computers and keyboards, phones, & pens
- The credit processing machines
- Waiting room and accommodations
- Other common surface areas and shelving
- Spa equipment (e.g. steamers, magnifying lamps, nail dryers, etc.)
- Spa and salon products (e.g. shampoos, skincare, essential oils, etc.)
- Nail, wax, and hair salon chairs, rooms, and equipment
- Massage tables and rooms
- Chairs and all seating areas
- Employee break room
Our employees are also taking additional precautions in addition to their regular hygiene and sanitation routine, including:
- Continuing to wash their hands between clients
- Continuing to sanitize their workstations & supplies
- Being more aware to avoid facial touching
- Sanitizing their uniforms
We are closely monitoring the situation and will keep our clients updated on how we will continue to proceed and operate based on CDC recommendations and government regulations. To stay up to date on the most recent updates, follow us on Facebook.